Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Seven Pounds


UGH. I gained seven pounds since Glacial in October. Not so much from the holidays, but I think not changing my calorie intake as my activity decreased over the past few months. I don't really worry about the extra weight, it will come naturally when changes are in place. I don't usually even get on a scale, but my pants were a little tight.

Time for some changes.

First: Stop eating between the hours of 6 PM and 8 AM. Its surprising how much we eat out of boredom after 6 PM. When I do this, I usually go to bed hungry, but wake up the next day feeling better.

Second: Water. Water is what the body is calling for many times we 'think' we are hungry.

Third: Get the activity level back up to normal. The heart issue is almost non-existent. I can tell my upper end of my aerobic level has suffered. At the FA 50K on New years eve, I was gassed after the first 9 miles. I ran it pretty hard, but still. Time for some extra mileage.

So, how about you? What did the holidaze do for your fitness level?

No comments: