Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Recovery and Plans for 2012



Thanks to the Flying Spaghetti Monster for quick healing.

Well, thanks to two weeks off and doing almost NOTHING, my overall system seems pretty well recovered and the heart blips have settled down. Every body has a multitude of systems (skeletal, muscular, digestive, cardiovascular) and they all need rest and recovery. In my case one system just had not received enough recovery time and was showing signs it needed a break. I need to be a little cautious, and not return to full blown training but ramp it up slowly in preparation for the 2012 Ultra season (as well as my skiing, backpacking, kayaking and biking trips).

Its too bad I have to work, there is so much to do!

Jan 14 : 5 day CC ski trip, finish with Ski race in Iron Mountain MI (my first!)
Feb 4: John Dick 50K
Feb 5: Backpack trip to Superstition Wilderness, AZ
Feb 25: Birkebiener 50K Classic Ski Race, Hayward WI
Mar 31: Clinton Lake 50K
Apr 28: Chippewa Moraine 50K
Apr 29: Sedona and Grand Canyon Hiking Trip
May 12: Ice Age 50 Mile (Its payback time!)
June 2: Kettle. Not sure what yet, 100 Mile or K? Or just pace?
June 16: PIE Ride 100K or 100 Mile
July 6: Kickapoo kayak trip
July 14: Dances With Dirt 50 Mile (tentative, I'd like to find another race in July)
July 23: 7 day Backpack trip to Superior Trail
August 18: Marquette (MI) 50K
Sept: Superior Trail races? Date?
Oct 14: Glacial 50K -OR- Wild Duluth 100K
Nov 3: Ozark 100 (tentative)
Dec 1: Pine Mountain 40 (tentative)

Its what I have so far...... Some race plans may change, especially for races I've done already.