Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Green Monster


So in all my dietary changes, I've had one area where I've been in complete denial.

Caffeine.

Oh, I'm not addicted to it at all, but I am addicted to something else. Green Tea. Which of course, contains modest amounts of caffeine. Modest, unless you drink 7-9 cups a day like me. I managed to give up coffee and only drink it occasionally, no soda, no stimulants of any other drug, except one.

That green tea. Oh, how I love my green tea. Tazo Zen, is my brand of choice, I don't drink anything else. Unlike many tea drinkers, who always seem to drink anything under the sun, I am a monogamous tea drinker, faithful to my brand. I covet it, I search it out wherever I go. Fortunately, its a Starbucks brand, so its easy to find. I've been drinking this brand for 10 or 12 years. A long satisfying relationship.

Breaking up is hard to do. Maybe we can ease into it, just become friends. Good friends. Yeah right. All I need is a small taste, just to cool my feet, and before you know it, I am drowning. Man, that green monkey on my back talks loud and continuously.

The true test of our relationship came over a couple day period, when I went cold turkey. We need a break, I said. I'll be back. During that period, I noticed a marked difference in my energy. It went UP. I noticed a difference in my heart palps. as in NONE. As in this is the last piece of my health puzzle. Sorry Tazo Zen, I am gonna have to find another love.

Hey Starbucks, how about ZEN DECAF?


(PS: Two cases of Tazo Zen tea for sale! Cheap!)

No comments: