Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I wrote this Yesterday

The post below is re-printed from my old blog. It feels like yesterday sometimes. More correctly, it was three years ago, Jan 25, 2008. Time flies. Its a little self-involved, but at the time, wow, was I self-involved. But in a way, its kinda poetic. Wow, who was that guy?


------------------------------------------------
Yesterday, My emotional pendulum finally stopped swinging.

Yesterday, my chest didn't hurt just from breathing.

Yesterday, for the first time in 44 days I didn't cry.

Yesterday, I didn't wake up thrashing at 4am.

Yesterday, for the first time in 44 nights the nightmares stopped eviscerating me.

Yesterday, I dreamt I turned a mountain of cold snow resentment into a warm water forgiveness. I turned perceived rejection into a hard push off shore toward home.

Yesterday, I dreamt the moving river of time flowed through a meadow to a sacred sea. Every ending has a beginning. In a quiet timeless meadow where sage and sweet grass grows, I stood tall and straight on my own two feet, reaching for an impossibly blue sky.

Yesterday, I dreamt the bandages came off.

No comments: