Saturday, February 26, 2011

Marching Time




I think many people wish their lives away.

My favorite is in the middle of the week, when people say: "Wow, I'm glad its Wednesday, half way to weekend" or, "its been a long week".

"Happy Friday" which is never said with sarcasm, as in "Happy Monday". Why is one moment of "NOW" better than another moment?

Why are we so averse or attached to a particular label on a given NOW in the perceived notion of the stream of time?

Sometimes I think that the attachment to "Friday" is almost worse than the aversion to "Monday", in that it sets up the aversion itself (but then, I too am making a judgment call and its a rabbit hole that I don' need to go down). What are you going to do on Friday or Saturday, that makes it so much better than Monday? Tuesday?

All that you ever have is NOW. Whether to be averse or attached to it, BOTH waste the experience. Revel in it, immerse yourself in it, whether its pain, pleasure, boredom, anger, cold, hot, vanilla, chocolate, or tutti fruiti.

"When" was the last "time" you noticed it was NOW?

No comments: