Thursday, December 8, 2022

Resurrections

 





I am back at running, mostly roads right now. After 50 or so Ultra Trail events, I have come to the conclusion I am just not good at technical trails.

Oh, I'll do trails, like I plan to do Ice Age this year, and hopefully finish somewhere in the middle of the pack. Having volunteered there for 12 years, the RD is letting me in gratis. 

But my real goal for 2023 is the Mesa Marathon, followed by the London Marathon in April.

If I plan and train well enough I will qualify (3:55) for Boston next year. Boston 2024 is like two days before I turn the clock on 65 years. Crazy right? 

1 comment:

Double said...

Google:
Run your best marathon. Really.

It is by Kevin Beck. 9 weeks and a 3 week taper. Hard work, but it can work.

The 20k, 25k, 30k pace runs at marathon goal pace (8:50) for you are key.

When I used this in my mid 50s I had to make adjustments to the other stuff. Read it over.